Knowing What Spine Surgery Is and its Different Types
There are instances in life that some of us need to tackle the different levels of back pain. There are some who suffer from menial pain while others from excruciating pain. Actually, these pain are caused by certain elements. Some of these individuals felt the pain also on their necks, legs as well as their lower back. Irrespective of the causes of this particular pain, it definitely bring lots of inconveniences and discomfort to us. Are you one of these men and women? Should you be among these men and women, then it is never too late for you to consider spine surgery. For those who are interested in obtaining more insights and information about spine surgery, then you are advised to peruse this write-up further.
Although, you can come across plenty of medications as well as alternative methods of easing the pain that you felt on your back, these are just temporary. For those who want to have permanent answer to the back pain they felt, then you should undergo spine surgery.
Definition of Spine Surgery
As the name implies, it is one kind of surgery that is performed by spine surgeon on the spinal column of the patients to resolve spine-related ailments and diseases like back pain. At present, there are different types of spinal surgery and some of them are discussed below.
What Are the Different Kinds of Spine Surgery?
1. Discectomy is among the different spine surgical procedures these days. This is one surgical procedure that is carried out to remove a portion of the spinal disc that is located between every vertebrae. The common reasons for performing discectomy is herniated disc. The said disc is taken out to give relief from nerve pressure.
2. Foramenotomy is another spine surgery that is carried out top treat neck, arm or headache. In this procedure, the spine surgeon removes a small portion of your bone that causes the compression of the nerve when it exits the spine.
3. Spine surgeon also carries out laminectomy on patients so as to take out a small portion of the vertebral bone of patients known as lamina. This specific surgical procedure is carried out as treatment to certain types of spinal-related disorders like spinal stenosis as well as spondylolisthesis.
4. Spine fusion is another type of spinal column surgical procedure. This particular surgical procedure is carried out to link the segments as well as the vertebrate together to eradicate the motion in the adjacent vertebra. It is another way of treating spondylolisthesis.
5. Spine surgeons also perform disc replacement as one effectual treatment option for back pain.
Make sure that you search and hire licensed, reputable, experienced and skilled spine surgeon to perform any of these procedure on you.